Friday, December 26, 2008

Komban wa

Good evening from the oh so cold Tokyo, currently on average -8 Degrees C. Just taking a stroll through Harajuku district this morning when i come across a sign on the side of some alley way. The advertisment reading 'Morning set'. I come to a holt think to myself and had second thoughts about continuing my stroll, instead i convince myself to stop for a nice breakfast to cure my hangover as a result from last night.

As i observe this sign with greater detail i come to realise it leans more along the lines of an 'evening set'. Who serves a nice simple breakfast consisting of toast, eggs and coffee with a beer on the side..Tokyo does! All for 420 Yen, who could refuse that right? Point of my babble, avoid Tokyo alley ways.


Saying is third time lucky, for me it was the second. They serve beer with a value meal in their equivalent to our mcdonalds for around $3..
In the street where my Dad lives there is 2 bottle shops and numerous vending machines selling alcohol. This shit is dirt cheap. I purchased this drink here for 180Yen, Around $2. The bold header on the can reading 'STRONG' was probably the main reason behind my purchase.
Welcome to Tokyo metro..didn't make such a good impression on the Japanese transit guards after severely raming my Suica (multi-rider) card into the wrong section in the gates as i was tagging off to leave the station. Just those evil glaring eyes really, watching them shouting some japanese word continually and them resulting in pulling the machine apart by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment